Burns Hill Loop (2x) (Westford Conservation Trust)
Hike Type: Lollipop Loop-Loop
Distance: 2.38 miles
Elevation: 381 feet
My Time: 46 minutes
Book Time: 1 hour, 22 minutes
Parking: Very limited roadside parking (unclear if even allowed).
Hiking Challenges: N/A
Hiking Challenges: N/A
The Hike
Friday afternoon hikes at Burns Hill are back! I had a really hard week, professionally and personally, and I was in DESPERATE need of some outdoors time. The temperature was in the upper 70s and it was humid, but I wasn't craving death, so that's good? The entry path was a similar level of grown-in as last year, but not too bad. There were upwards of 50 doves at the power cut - was it a migration moment? The power cut was a little cozier than last year. I was wishing I had my camera. The rookery looked like one big, muddy puddle.
I noticed some early fall yellow leaves at the start of the loop, and some of the yellow blazing loking like it got a slight refresh. The first low point was bone dry, and I heard a SCREAMING hawk and the second low point. I hiked over some boards with shrooms and made my way up to the "top." It was pretty up there, but I was really looking forward to the fall colors.
I worked my way down to the third low point, and I was reminded of how bright and pretty the woods are after that third point. I planned to count how many stone walls I crossed on my second lap, but totally forgot. Before I knew it, I was back at the car! Oops!
Step-by-Step
- Start hike on Burns Hill Conservation Area Trail.
- After power cut, turn right onto Burns Hill Loop.
- Hike loop two times, then retrace steps back to car.
Photo Album
No comments:
Post a Comment