Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Burns Hill Loop (3x) (Westford Conservation Trust)

Burns Hill Loop (2x) (Westford Conservation Trust)

Hike Type: Lollipop Loop-Loop-Loop
Distance: 3.28 miles
Elevation: 479 feet
My Time: 1 hour, 4 minutes
Book Time: 1 hour, 52 minutes
Parking: Very limited roadside parking (unclear if even allowed).
Hiking Challenges: N/A


The Hike 
"I would rather be in the Whites but I have to work so I guess Burns Hill is fine" - I crankily wrote in my notes as I started this loop. It was an absolutely stunning, borderline chilly day. It was 63 degrees out with plenty of sun and a consistent breeze. There still was not too much color, but it was still lovely! I was a little sore from yesterday's hike up the Rainbow Trail, but I had zero regrets!

I passed Stone Wall #1 on the access trail - I told myself I cannot play Pokemon Go until I count all the walls! The sun felt wonderful at the power cut. I crossed Wall #2 after starting the loop, and noticed some flagging at a faded blue blaze at low point #2 that I didn't notice on Friday. I passed Stone Wall #2 on the final uphill to the "top."

I noticed some sort of stone obelisk coming down the "ridge" from the "top" - maybe an old property parker?

I meandered down to low point #3 and then followed Wall #4 before crossing it. When I finished my first lap I was surprised that I only crossed four stone walls - it always felt like so many more!

I had a nice and easy second lap and spent a good amount of time in the void. My energy dipped at the end, but I continued on to do a third since it was only 4:10pm and I simply had plenty of time. I also realized this was my final hike of the summer - the vernal equinox was tonight just after 8:00pm!

Step-by-Step
- Start hike on Burns Hill Conservation Area Trail.
- After power cut, turn right onto Burns Hill Loop.
- Hike loop three times, then retrace steps back to car.

Photo Album

No comments:

Post a Comment