Tourne Loop (2x) (Tourne County Park)
Hike Type: Lollipop Loop Loop
Distance: 2.82 miles
Elevation: 653 feet
My Time: 59 minutes
Book Time: 1 hour, 44 minutes
Parking: Plenty of parking in McCafree Lane parking lot (west entrance).
Hiking Challenges: N/A
Hiking Challenges: N/A
The Hike
Back to the Tourne after finishing the Ringwood-Ramapo Hiking Challenge! It was going to be a slower hike since the air quality index was abysmal due to Canadian wildfires - I only went out because this was my only chance to get out this week. Thankfully, there were no cars! I made it only 30 seconds into my hike before turning around for bug spray. I spent most of the first uphill playing Pokemon Go and has a nice easy trip down as well. There was some erosion from recent rain storms, some young rasp/wineberries, and a hazy orange glow to the sky. The lower part of the hike was gnatty and annoying. I did a second lap, saw no people, and was soon back in my car!
Step-by-Step
- Start hike on Yellow Dot Trail.
- At terminus, turn left onto Yellow Trail.
- Loop Yellow Trail two times.
- At end, turn left onto Yellow Dot Trail to return to car.
Photo Album
No comments:
Post a Comment