Tourne Loop (2x) (Tourne County Park)
Hike Type: Lollipop Loop Loop
Distance: 2.70 miles
Elevation: 646 feet
My Time: 50 minutes
Book Time: 1 hour, 41 minutes
Parking: Plenty of parking in McCafree Lane parking lot (west entrance).
Hiking Challenges: N/A
Hiking Challenges: N/A
The Hike
In contrast to my last Tourne visit where the weather was an actual dream, this visit's weather was an absolute nightmare. Only 73 degrees but FULL humidity after the storm. There was apparently a tornado from the storm out in Parsippany and a lot of the gravel on the yellow trail was starting to wash out. There might be some more rain on the way, so I brought my visor just in case.
The hike up was expectedly buggy, and I passed a buck sitting down off-trail, fully unbothered by me. There was some fog on my first downhill, which was cool to see. The lower half was even cloudier, so much that a person crossed paths with me and spooked me!
Occasionally, wind would knock water off leaves that would feel like a nice relief, and it started to lightly rain on Up #2 (my goal/dream was to do three laps). I passed the buck again on the way up, and it was fully raining at Top #2. I pivoted to just hiking two laps becuase of the increasing rain and diminishing daylight, and by the time I was on the exit ramp the bugs were absolutely unbearable - good call!
Step-by-Step
- Start hike on Yellow Dot Trail.
- At terminus, turn left onto Yellow Trail.
- Loop Yellow Trail two times.
- At end, turn left onto Yellow Dot Trail to return to car.
Photo Album
No comments:
Post a Comment