Monday, July 6, 2026

Tourne Loop (3x) (Tourne County Park)

Tourne Loop (3x) (Tourne County Park)

Hike Type: Lollipop Loop-Loop-Loop
Distance: 3.89 miles
Elevation: 955 feet
My Time: 1 hour, 4 minutes
Book Time: 2 hours, 25 minutes
Parking: Plenty of parking in McCafree Lane parking lot (west entrance)
Hiking Challenges: 52 Hike Challenge 2026


The Hike 
Jersey Girl Summer has begun! I had my first day of my summer job and it was a dreadully rainy, 66-degree afternoon, but it was supposed to be letting up, so I got myself out to the Tourne. My goal was two laps, my dream was three, but we'll see how it goes with the rain.

I passed a new bench at the trailhead and managed to make it halfway up before my rain jacket was too warm and humid. I was glad to have my visor on to keep the rain out of my eyes. There were patches of fog throughout the hike, and I was listening to the new Chess soundtrack, per Emma's recommendation.

Shockingly, it did not stop raining, and it seemed like it only got rainier as I hiked. There was a light breeze on Down #1 and I surpringly crossed paths with two people hiking up with umbrellas. There were great mushrooms, at least!

It somehow got wetter on Lap #2 and tried wearing my jacket as a cape with my hood on my head, but it was still too warm. The betrayl lasted into Down #2, when it rained harder again, and by the time I was on Lap #3 I was already soaked so I kept on going! The rain continued to intensify all the way to the exit ramp, where I blasted the heat in my car and drove back to Mom's. A comical first hike of Jersey Summer, indeed!

Step-by-Step
- Start hike on Yellow Dot Trail.
- At terminus, turn left onto Yellow Trail.
- Loop Yellow Trail three times.
- At end, turn left onto Yellow Dot Trail to return to car.

Map of Tourne County Park (Updated April 2026)
Photo Album

No comments:

Post a Comment