Thursday, July 23, 2026

Tourne Loop (4x) (Tourne County Park)

Tourne Loop (4x) (Tourne County Park)

Hike Type: Lollipop Loop Loop Loop Loop
Distance: 5.08 miles
Elevation: 1,286 feet
My Time: 1 hour, 35 minutes
Book Time: 3 hours, 10 minutes
Parking: Plenty of parking in McCafree Lane parking lot (west entrance).
Hiking Challenges: N/A


The Hike 
I went for this hike just before my early birthday dinner at Seasons 52. There were a few other cars in the parking lot. It was cloudy, breezy, and wasn't supposed to rain. Temps were in the mid-70s and it was NOT horribly humid - yay! I was fighting with a possible stye and a there was a weird sound in the woods at the trailhead, but I wouldn't let it deter me!

There were storms last night, which contributed to even more erosion of the trail (I never understand why they insist on the gravel path if they need to re-grade it all the time?). I passed three people by my second summit and I was SWEATY. I passed two more plus one repeat by the end of lap #2, and apparently one of these other people were also playing Pokemon Go, because they were knocking my Pokemon out of the gym!

I passed a few more people over my next two laps, got my gym back, and enjoyed listning to the CATS soundtrack. I was flirting with going for a fifth lap, but my knees were starting to hurt (which was weird). That's all she wrote!

Step-by-Step
- Start hike on Yellow Dot Trail.
- At terminus, turn left onto Yellow Trail.
- Loop Yellow Trail four times.
- At end, turn left onto Yellow Dot Trail to return to car.

Photo Album

No comments:

Post a Comment