Sunday, July 19, 2026

Tourne Loop (4x) (Tourne County Park)

Tourne Loop (4x) (Tourne County Park)

Hike Type: Lollipop Loop Loop Loop Loop
Distance: 5.07 miles
Elevation: 1,270 feet
My Time: 1 hour, 29 minutes
Book Time: 3 hours, 10 minutes
Parking: Plenty of parking in McCafree Lane parking lot (west entrance).
Hiking Challenges: N/A


The Hike 
I got back from the shore at a reasonable hour so decided to get a nice hike in. It was a STUNNING 76-degree day with a nice breeze and low humidity. My dream was do to four laps, but my goal was do to three. Right away I passed some dead rodent on the yellow-dot trail, but I didn't stop for a photo becuase I wanted my Strava PR (I got 2nd). I caught up to a guy who was starting at trees, and when I did pass him he said he was out of shape. There was a mysterious sound coming from the area of the orange trail and I ended up passing a few people on Down #1, but nothing crazy. 

The weather continued to blow me away as I climbed up for a second time. My legs felt heavier this time, but still I was feeling good. I passed the same out of shape guy at the top of #2 and we said hello's again.

My third lap felt even slower, even with a medium loud bang radiating through the sky(?). There was also a loud plane above as the bugs began to activate around 4:00pm. It was so nice out that my sweat was ACTUALLY evaporating, like it's supposed to!

An ENORMOUS bettle flew past me on the fourth lap and I played some Pokemon Go on the final exit ramp. I did slow down to check out the dead rodent, and I am 90% sure it was a mole.

Step-by-Step
- Start hike on Yellow Dot Trail.
- At terminus, turn left onto Yellow Trail.
- Loop Yellow Trail four times.
- At end, turn left onto Yellow Dot Trail to return to car.

Photo Album

No comments:

Post a Comment