Tourne Loop (4x) (Tourne County Park)
Hike Type: Lollipop Loop Loop Loop Loop
Distance: 5.08 miles
Elevation: 1,286 feet
My Time: 1 hour, 35 minutes
Book Time: 3 hours, 10 minutes
Parking: Plenty of parking in McCafree Lane parking lot (west entrance).
Hiking Challenges: N/A
Hiking Challenges: N/A
The Hike
This was a post-nap pre-concert hike. I was told that Melvin the house cleaner would be stopping by around 1:00pm, then I was told that he was running late, and then that he wasn't coming, so either way I went out. It was a beautiful day in the mid-70s and I simply did not feel a need for speed. I hiked up nice and easy and passed an unbothered doe on the first downhill. My legs were tired, but that was probably due to minimal sleep and walking from the Theater District to the World Trade Center last night (I forget how big NYC is).
The day was super clear so I was able to enjoy what was left of the view from the top (I wonder if they'll ever clear it again?). On my third downhill I passed a bear! He responded well to my clapping and was SUCH a cutie!
My headphones died on uphill #4 and I passed a snake! I made it down safe from the animals and passed another baby snake on the exit ramp.
Comically, I got home, showered, and then the front door opened and it was four women speaking Spanish ready to the clean my mom's house. Apparently they are collectively Melvin, and they still showed up even though they cancelled? I let mom deal with that as I left early for my concert.
Step-by-Step
- Start hike on Yellow Dot Trail.
- At terminus, turn left onto Yellow Trail.
- Loop Yellow Trail four times.
- At end, turn left onto Yellow Dot Trail to return to car.
Photo Album
No comments:
Post a Comment